When: 21 – 22 December 2017
Where: Jakarta, Indonesia
Engineers perform an important function in planning and construction of a sustainable society through their effort in maintenance of products, tools and equipment. Engineering can obtain advantages from experience’ skills in different countries, as they could reduce duplication effort to combine resources, facilitate commerce, apply innovative and technology to produce, supply and transfer better products for human needs.
There is a need to encourage the application of technical progress to economic and social advancement throughout the world; to advance engineering as a profession in the interest of all people; and to foster peace throughout the world. Thus, UNESCO has collaborated with the workshop partners to organize this regional meeting to review and evaluate engineering qualification and standardization, develop the road map of strengthening the foundations for South-South Cooperation (SSC) and to achieve sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific region.
South-South Cooperation (SSC) is needed to harmonize the standardization of engineering curricula, controlling, monitoring and mentoring the process and maintenance the infrastructure, youth internship training in industries and women engineering role as human resources to build the regional network.
- Engineering Regional Workshop on South-South Cooperation for Strengthening Engineering Standards and Mobility of Professionals
- Supporting the Engineering Accreditation for Intra and Inter-regional Mobility of Professionals in Africa and Asia and the Pacific
- Pakistan and Asia-Pacific: Call for standardising engineering education
- Pakistan to lead Accreditation of Engineering Qualifications through FEIAP
- UNESCO – ISTIC International Conference / Forum / Seminar on UN Post 2015 Development Agenda, 25 – 27 May 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Regional Science Bureau Promotes Standardization of Engineering Qualifications through South-South Cooperation