- Science, Engineering & Technology
- Water Security
- Education for Sustainable Development (Climate Change Education)
- Sustainability Sciences
- Knowledge Generation
- Skills Development
- Strengthening Education Leadership
- Disaster Risk Management
- ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
Since the signing of the Malaysia Funds-in-Trust agreement in 2013, 17 projects have been funded under the MUCP. These projects were reviewed by the MFIT Steering Commitee and approved via an exchange of letters between the Government of Malaysia and UNESCO.
The quality of programme delivery under the MUCP will be ensured via the development of quality partnerships as listed below:
- Through the establishment of regional partnerships (including UNESCO networks and other Intergovernmental Organizations) so as to leverage resources, expertise and competencies;
- By placing parYcular emphasis on LDCs, SIDS in the Asia and the Pacific as well as the African region;
- Bridging between Malaysian institutions and other partners in the wider region by mobilizing Malaysian expertise and services of Malaysian institutions, including the existing Category 2 Centres and South-South cooperation.
The implementation of the projects under MUCP will contribute to the atiainment of internationally agreed development goals including the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) as well as Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) which will build upon the MDGs and converge with the post 2015 development agenda.
The projects should strengthen UNESCO’s:
- Medium Term Strategy C/4; and
- Approved Programme and Budget C/5
Besides the above, the projects may also have direct contribution to the following:
- United Nations Framework Conventions on Climate Change (UNFCCC);
- Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030.