When: 29 – 30 November 2017
Where: Penang, Malaysia
In 2015, UNESCO Office, Jakarta, in cooperation with Ministry of Education Malaysia (MoE), International Science, Technology and Innovation Centre for South-South Cooperation Under the Auspices of UNESCO (ISTIC), and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) organized a Regional Workshop of UNESCO Natural Sciences related Centres and Chairs in Asia and the Pacific, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The workshop recommended:
- The UNESCO Natural Sciences related Category 2 Centres and Chairs in Asia and the Pacific Region are highly encouraged to build a strong regional science network to promote interaction, knowledge sharing and joint activities.
- The network of UNESCO Natural Sciences related Category 2 Centres and Chairs in Asia and the Pacific region will encourage active links with Africa to strengthen the South-South and triangular cooperation in STI.
- The UNESCO Regional Science Bureau for Asia and the Pacific will continue to mobilize and provide necessary support to the UNESCO’s Natural Sciences family in the region for the successful delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals in the Post-2015.
In response to the above recommendations, UNESCO Office Jakarta will facilitate UNESCO Natural Sciences related Centres and Chairs in Asia and the Pacific through a workshop to strengthened the Interaction and Knowledge Exchange as well as to promote South-South Cooperation with centres in the African Region.
- Concept Note
- PowerPoint Presentations
- UNESCO brings together its Natural Sciences Category 2 Centres and Chairs to promote interaction and knowledge exchange in Asia and the Pacific region
- Mapping and Networking of UNESCO Natural Sciences related Category 2 Centres and Chairs to Support the Post-2015 Development Agenda in the Asia Pacific